There are many benefits to your PODERcard bank account, but you may have noticed that some establishments incur fees for making deposits. That is why we offer an in-app solution in the form of barcodes, which allows you to deposit money to your account at no charge.
You can access the barcode system in the PODERcard mobile app in the Funds tab selecting the Deposit Cash option. There you can identify the participating location where you wish to deposit money and avoid any deposit fees. Read on to familiarize yourself with this option!
1. Why should I deposit cash using the app?
Depositing cash using the app is one of the most convenient options to add cash to your account. Inside the app, you can create a secure deposit code that you will show to the cashier at participating retailers, with just your phone, no card involved. There are no forms to fill out, no phone calls needed, and no numbers to input to complete your deposit.
2. How do I deposit cash to my account using the app?
Do you already want to make a deposit? Click here to read detailed how-to instructions.
3. How do I know that the deposit went through on my account?
Check your transaction history to confirm your deposit went through. Keep the receipt that you receive at the store in which you’re making a deposit in case you need it for future clarification.
4. My deposit code did not work at the store. What happened?
You should check a few things:
- Always check the expiration time underneath your deposit code before you use it. If it is expired, you will need to create a new deposit code (Barcodes expire upon use and must be used within 60 minutes of creation).
- You can only generate and use one deposit code at a time, so try to use your deposit code before you generate another one.
- You can only use up to three deposit codes a day.
- The minimum deposit per barcode is $100.
5. Once I complete a cash deposit, will my cash be available right away?
Your cash will typically be available on the account within 10 minutes for your use.
6. How much does it cost to deposit cash using the app?
There is no fee when you make cash deposits through the app using your PODERcard.
Other fees may apply. See the Deposit Account Agreement for details
7. How can I protect myself from fraud?
There are two actions you can take to protect yourself from fraud:
1) Remember to only use barcodes that you have personally generated from your own account
2) Never use a deposit code someone else gave you, because it is probably a scam.
The PODERcard account opening is subject to identity verification by Green Dot Bank. Banking services provided by and PODERcard Visa® Debit Card is issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation ©2022 Green Dot Corporation. All rights reserved.